The iOS 15 features can be really helpful for you as the public beta of iOS 15 is currently available.
iOS 15 is now available, and it includes a slew of essential features such as FaceTime enhancements, a focus mode that enhances your work-life balance, an all-new Safari, and much more. Although Apple will release iOS 15 later this year in conjunction with the release of the new iPhone series, the public beta is currently available.
Here are the four hidden features:
Text size can be changed for Different Apps
This is the first hidden feature of iOS 15, one of the little but useful innovations is the ability to modify the text size for each application, making messaging and reading apps on the iPhone easier to use. Here’s how to change the font size in the app:
- Open Control Center by going to Settings.
- Toggle the ‘+‘ button next to Text Size.
- Now, launch the app where you wish to adjust the font size.
- Open Control Center and choose only ‘App‘.
- After that, adjust the text size to your liking.
Safari can now have your Background Image
In iOS 15, Apple allows you to pick your own background directly in the browser, allowing you to personalise your home screen in Safari. Here’s how to do that.
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Launch Safari in a new tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Edit.
- Turn the Background Image toggle to ON.
- Choose a preset image or an image from your Photo Library.
Drag and Drop things between Apps
This can be the most useful hidden feature of iOS 15. Apple has made it simple to move text and photos between applications in iOS 15. Simply put, drag-and-drop allows you to move a text, image, link, or file from one app to another.
Assume you wish to copy material from a news item and paste it into an email. All you have to do is tap and hold the text, launch another app, and drag the file there. The good news is that the text drop-and-drag feature isn’t only for text. You can drag a photo from the Photos app to the Files app. This function is beneficial to iPhone and iPad users.
In Safari, you can Hide your IP address
Apple spoke a lot about the privacy features packed into iOS 15 at its WWDC 2021 keynote, and one such feature that caught our eye in the public beta was how users may mask their device’s IP address from third-party trackers and all websites. Essentially, the tool will allow you to conceal your IP address. This can be considered as one of the best privacy hidden feature of iOS 15.
This feature can prevent email marketers from learning about additional email or online activities. Here’s how to make it work.
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Scroll down till you reach Hide IP Address.
- Now choose one of the alternatives — Trackers and Websites, Trackers, or disable the feature entirely.