That ‘Pyaar se daata tha’ (had scolded with love) is such a huge lie. Its nationwide! And so much that people had to hear so many rebukes than they actually deserved! Just beacuse of a damn statement!
That’s just a glance to Indian moms’ taunts. There are plenty.
So Here are some Few dialouge, taunts Indian moms use and make sure they are heard!:
1. Kya beta tum toh kuch khate hi nhi?! (What dear, you do not eat anything?!)
What? How much more can you eat than three meals a day including total 9 chappatis, and snacks and deserts and so much of pickles?!
2. Ooh you Want to Ask Anything, The Answer is NOO
Should I go out- ‘No’
Should I wear this- ‘No’
Should I go out with them- ‘No’
Should I buy that- ‘No’
Oh my life! Should I breathe- ‘Umm.. Yes maybe’
3. Haa, dosto ke ghar toh bhag ke jate ho, voh delhi vali masi ke ghar jane mei homework yaad aata hai! (Yes, you run happily to your friend’s house but when you have to go to your aunt’s house in Delhi, you have suddenly remember your homework!)
Yes i mean homework we have okay, and delhi wala masi is so boring and i cannot dance on my nursery song again yaar! but you take my portion of yearly ‘shagun’ from her as I’m not coming!
4. ‘Haa padhai likhai toh chod hi di hain tumne’ (yes you have left behind all the studies)
It is a damn sunday! And after attending 26 classes, giving 5 tests and answeing uncountable questions how is one supposed to study? And why did not you compliment when I was studying till four am?! At that time you were like, go sleep!
5. ‘Itni choti hi jab tumhe bada kiya tha ab dekho tumhari zubaan chalne lagi hai’ (I raised when you were so small and now see you talk bitter and sharp)
Was not it you only who asked me to be bold, well I’m learing to do that! Take a chill pill!
Yes so that is how dramitically Indian moms use a normal statement to a whole bomb of emotions!